Saturday, November 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Erik

I stole this idea from The Wright's.
Thanks Ryan & Tifany :o)

Yesterday was Erik's 29th Birthday so I am going to post 29 things about him.

1.Erik is an Amazing husband, he would do anything to put a smile on my face and hear me laugh.

2. He is a great Daddy and has been since the day our girls were born, he never really needed any adjustment time or warming up he just jumped right into feeding and changing diapers and loved every minute of it. He loves being a Dad and is a big kid himslef.

3. Erik loves video games, he will play any chance he gets but doesn't let it take away from time spent with the girls and I. He always makes sure that the time is right before he plays and will stop his game at anytime if I need him to no matter what level he is on or what he is in the middle of.

4. Erik is honestly one of the smartest people I have ever met, he knows so many random things. I am always asking him "How do you know that?" He says I just love knowledge. Learning comes easy for him. Now if he could only learn to take the trash out. LOL Just kidding I love You Babe

5. Erik is great at fixing computers, I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my own free 24/7 Geek Squad.

6. Erik is the most Patriotic person I have ever met. He Loves the American Flag and gets chills when he looks up and sees it blowing in the wind. He is Proud to be an American and isn't afraid to show it.

7. Erik has only met his father one time in his life and that was 6 years ago and he has not heard from him again. He doesn't let it bother him though, he knows it's his lost and says the only thing he can do is make sure he is never anything like his Father. I know that will not be a problem for him.

8. Erik loves the Pittsburgh Steelers.. I mean LOVES them he says they are like his 3rd step child.

9. Erik is a big teddy bear, he may look big and intimidating but he is actually a very sensitive guy, At least towards the people he loves.

10. Erik is very funny, he is always trying to make someone laugh by turning the smallest laughing moment into a room full of laughs. He usually takes it a little to far and I have to tell him to stop but I usually never stop laughing. He can always make me laugh.

11. Erik knows when I am in a bad mood and always seems to find a way to make me smile, he does not like to see me unhappy.

12. Erik played football in High School and still talks about how much he loved it and would love to get back out there on the Field and run people over.

13. Erik makes keeping the girls and I safe one of his main priorities. We have the most intense Alarm System in our house and guns upstairs and down so no matter where I am in the house, if I need to I will be able to protect myself. I am Thankful to him that I am able to sleep in peace at night knowing that our house is secure.

14. Erik is a much more positive person then I am , I always tend to look at the worse possible scenario and he is always there to calm me down and tell me that everything will be fine and it will all work out and he is right it always does.

15. Erik has made me a better person, I wouldn't be where I am today without him in my life. He has helped me through a lot of struggles in my life and makes me want to be a better person.

16. Erik and I have been together for 10 years and he deserves a medal for putting up with me and all of the drama in my life that always seems to surface.

17.Erik helps me make dinner almost every night. He tries to help out anyway he can and doesn't complain about it. Unless the Bathroom need cleaning then he will say " Is there anything else i can do to help? He hates cleaning the bathroom LOL

18. Eriks Grandfather helped raise him and Erik Loved him so much and treasures all of the times they spent together, he still to this days strives to make sure that the things he does would make his Grandfather proud.

19. Erik would love to have a Son someday, he wanted a Daddy's girl and he got 2, someday he would like to adopt a Son or beat the odds and try for a Boy. He tells me he wants to name his Son Erik Tank and we will call him Tank...Oh my gosh, Tank is cute for a nickname, but for his legal middle name? I sure hope he is kidding but something tells me he isn't.

20. Erik is really good at not staying mad at me for long, he says "I just don't like being mad at you" and I love that about him LOL

21. I truly believe that he is my soul mate, I wasn't sure I had one out there until I met him then I realised that we we are so much a like and balance each other out so well, now there is no doubt in my mind that he is my soul mate.

22. Erik loves movies and can remember parts of a movie that he has seen once and recite it back to you at a later time.

23. Erik is still a country boy , he loves Sweet tea, grits, fried ochre and many other things I had never heard of until I met him.

24. Erik is from North Carolina and really misses and loves his family back there and would love to go back and visit some time soon.

25. Erik is such a hard worker and has such good work ethic, He is the # 1 Tech in Arizona and I think#6 in the Country. He takes pride in his work and gets things done right the first time.

26. Erik is much handier around the house then I give him credit for, I always under estimate him and his Mr. Fix it skills.

27. Erik has a dream of going to Washington DC and we are hoping to be able to go in 2 years for our 10Th Wedding Anniversary. He will be glowing with patriotism, I can see him now.

28. Erik is a prankster and is always playing some kind of joke on the girls and I, he is always coming up with some silly song that he will walk around teasing the girls with.

29. Erik is an amazing, Husband, Daddy, Son, Brother, Brother In-law, Son In-law, Grandson, Friend and anyone who knows him knows that he is one of a kind and an all around Good Guy.

I Love You Baby with all of my heart and I will never be able to show you how much I appreciate you and Thank You for always being there for me. You are my soul mate and the last ten years that I have known you have been the GREATEST years of my life.

Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Barnes Family said...

Happy Belated Birthday Eric! Sorry I've been a slacker about checking blogs or I would have know sooner.. I hope you had a great celebration.

The Wright's said...

I cannot believe I have not read that until now. Man, I suck! Happy Birthday 2 months ago Erik!! We sure do miss you guys every day. I cannot wait to come visit and just sit out on the sidewalk while the kids play and we can just talk. Good times, good times! Hey, you need to update your blog. I will check it more often, I promise!!!